Our 120-hour TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) online course is CPD accredited has been developed by our expert CELTA certified and experienced instructors and mapped to international standards. The 120-hour online course is internationally recognized and will fully prepare you to teach English (or your native language) anywhere in the world.
Our TEFL Certification keeps in perspective the demands of both, a beginner instructor looking to enhance their teaching skills, to a more experienced teacher wanting to upgrade to a teaching job online or abroad. The online course is perfect for anyone looking to teach online, for a career change, or for those who want to follow their dream to travel the world and soak in different cultures while teaching a foreign language to non-native speakers. With our online TEFL, you can get your accredited certification at your own pace.
The TEFL online course covers all aspects of teaching English as a foreign language and provides a complete introduction to the world of TEFL. The entire course is conducted online and is designed in such a way that learners who are non-native English speakers can get an additional second TFL (Teaching Foreign Language) certificate to teach their native language by completing a few grammar modules in their mother tongue.
In addition, there are several exercises that will give you insights into the way tasks should be set up for your own learners, and gain a good working knowledge of the English grammatical system, as well as an awareness of the techniques and skills required to be a successful language teacher.
Why choose our TEFL Online Course?
- CPD accredited and developed by teaching experts
- Assessed to meet international TEFL standards
- A 120-hour TEFL certified program explaining the techniques and skills required to confidently teach English or your native language
- A personal online tutor for assistance 24/7
- 20 hours of online teaching practice and observation
- Teaching vacancies: free lifetime access to our TESOL/TEFL job board
- A unique language learning unit – put yourself in your students’ shoes
- Videos of language teachers showcasing best practices
- Tasks and quizzes to check your understanding of topics as you progress
- Receive a printable international certificate available the same day you complete the course
- Gain instant access to our course and study at your own pace
- Optional TFL (Teaching Foreign Language) certificate for those looking to teach a language other than English
Is a TEFL certificate worth the money I’m paying?
That’s a YES! Here’s why:
- More and better job opportunities
If you have already taken a look at teaching job boards, you have seen that most of them require a TEFL certificate for you to be eligible to take the position. Most of these agencies that list teaching positions are international and they will get your paperwork ready for you to be able to enter the country the position is available in.
- Better compensation
We all know that you get what you pay for! Paying for a TEFL certificate does not come cheap. Yet, you get a hefty compensation for having the certificate. International schools and teaching institutes will pay more because you have more skills and are more valuable to their students.
- Stand confident in front of your classroom
Having the know-how in anything you do will have you doing it more confidently. In our TEFL course, you will be perfectly prepared and equipped with the skills and tools to take on a class easily and confidently.
- Acquire the skills and knowledge to become a professional teacher
Becoming a professional teacher is essential! You need to be responsive and flexible with the different types of learners you will meet in your class. Teaching is not just passing on knowledge, but being able to pass that knowledge to all your students.
- Acquire the skills and knowledge to teach beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels
It’s right that many of the teaching jobs you see online are for young learners, yet you can find classes for intermediate and advanced learners. Not to forget that you need to be prepared and ready to teach higher levels, and our course prepares you for that. In addition to teaching higher-level students, you will get higher compensation.
- Get on a working vacation
If you love to travel, meet new people, explore new food and cultures, and/or have exciting new experiences in other countries, but funding is limited, then a working vacation may be your answer. TEFL empowers you to earn your way while travelling.
This course is CPD Accredited – 120 Credits
TEFL Online Course Outline
Start your TEFL certification online and learn at your own pace from anywhere in the world. The TEFL course offers practical teaching skills that you can apply immediately in the classroom to teach English as a Foreign Language or your native language.
- 100-hour course content of 17 Units
- 20 hours of online teaching observation
- Acquire a background of the latest teaching methodologies
- Learn how to make grammar easy and fun in the classroom
- Handle pronunciation challenges across a range of multi-language learners
- Learn how to teach new vocabulary and apply it to real-life situations
- Approach lesson planning and classroom management with confidence and energy
- Cover all four skills of reading, writing, speaking and listening
- Gain a strong understanding of virtual and online teaching
- Tips and advice for finding a TEFL/TESOL job as well as lifetime access to a TEFL/TESOL job board
As learning is assessed throughout the course, there is no final exam, however, there is a final TEFL online test.
Anyone with English proficiency can take this course. Find your English level here.
Up to 120 hours
Is TEFL accredited?
There is no single governing body that accredits the TEFL curriculum, but our course is accredited by CPD. It’s also important to choose only credible institutions offering a TEFL certification. A 120-hour TEFL course is the minimum requirement for reputable teaching jobs at home and abroad.
What’s the difference between a TEFL and TESOL certification?
The difference is subtle. A TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) certification provides skills needed to teach English in countries where English is not the native language such as Mexico, Japan, China, etc. A TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) certification provides skills needed to teach English in countries where English is the native language, such as the USA, UK, and Australia. They both cover a lot of the same topics and content and can be used to teach English anywhere in the world.
Do I need to be a native English speaker to get a TEFL certification?
No, you don’t! Anyone can take the course as long as they have proficiency in the language.
Is teaching practice included in the course?
Yes, every candidate will have the option to practice teaching English online to speakers of other languages.
How do I contact my online instructor?
You access your online tutor by filling a short form conveniently located on your online learning dashboard. You will also receive contact details in your welcome email once you sign up.
Is it worth getting a TEFL certification?
Yes, definitely. A TEFL certification is one of the best ways to get started with a teaching career. It’s a low-cost investment compared to the returns. Once you are certified, you will be able to find many opportunities to teach; as the demand for learning English is increasing by the day. The TEFL certificate is also a great way to progress towards a teaching diploma or CELTA certification.
What are the benefits of taking a TEFL course online?
Our TEFL course is 100% online and self-paced which means there are no set class times or deadlines you have to meet except for teaching practice. You can conveniently complete the course alongside your work or studies.
How long does it take to complete the TEFL course?
The course is self-paced but on average our students become certified in 4 to 8 weeks.
Can I teach a language online with a TEFL certificate?
Yes, you can teach online, face-to-face, or both! Our TEFL course has a unit dedicated on how to successfully deliver language lessons virtually/online.
Does the TEFL certificate expire?
No, TEFL certificates do not expire, they are valid for life.
Meet an Instructor
Cudoo TEFL Instructor
Andrie is an English instructor and Cambridge ESOL Examiner with over 15 years of teaching experience in the Middle East and Europe. Since then she has trained hundreds of people from all over the world as she is passionate about sharing her experiences and tips with people who wish to change careers or earn extra income while working online or traveling. She believes by earning a TEFL certificate one will never have to worry about work ever again!